Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred will definitely help you lose weight and bring yourself into an excellent shape. This workout can not be called extreme despite its formidable name and is therefore also suitable for people who are at an average level of physical fitness.
Extreme Shed and Shred is a training with a completely different approach, but not less effective than in the classic “Shreds”. The workout is based on kickboxing, jiu-jitsu and yoga exercises with the addition of standard elements from strength training. Aerobic exercise are also present but they are not the basis of this program making Extreme Shed & Shred not an exhausting exercise.
Brief program description of Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred:
The course consists of two levels and due to the fact that the first level is not very complicated, even beginners can cope with the difficulty. The first level lasts 40 minutes, the second a little longer about 50 minutes. For training you only need weights ranging from 1 to 8 lbs. (0.5 to 4 kg), so you can play here with the difficulty level depending on your physical fitness.
Jillian does not give exact recommendations on how long the program has to be executed, but we advise you to move to a more complex level as soon as you feel that the first level is getting too easy.
The load that Jillian Michaels offers in Extreme Shed & Shred can not be called weak but still less intense than we are used to other fitness workouts of Jillian. It is more of a thoughtful and balanced mix of exercises that don’t make you sweat with fatigue but feel the tension in every muscle of your body. If you doubt the effectiveness of this workout for you just try combining it with another workout from Jillian Michaels or choose a more serious workout for yourself. Check our Advanced Level section or Hard level section.
Pros and Cons of Extreme Shed & Shred:
• Thanks to the use of elements of yoga, kickboxing and jiu-jitsu, the program consists of interesting, original exercises
• The lesson is held at a low pace and is perfect for those who do not like jumping and other exhausting cardio moves
• The program has several stretching and a balancing exercises that will allow you to develop flexibility and concentration
• There is no exhaustion of the body while doing this workout, so you can practice it for example in the morning before work
• Some combinations of exercises are very original and complex to follow for beginners
• The program is more designed for a thoughtful and not for an intensive workload. For some people this program may seem easy and inefficient (especially the first level).
Such workouts as Extreme Shed & Shred are very useful for your body. They certainly will not help you burn the maximum number of calories in a short time or quickly turn on the metabolism, but they will allow you to bring your muscles into tone, improve your flexibility, master new original elements and just enjoy a balanced fitness program.