Jillian Michaels Killer Abs is another workout by Jillian Michaels, focusing on the press and the waist. This killer workout appeared right after the release of “6 Week Six Pack” and focuses on developing the abs. So basically, if you have a flat stomach and want to make the sexy six pack pop out, this is the next step for you.
We all know that especially the belly and love handles are usually one of the most important body parts for many girls and this is why Jillian created this fantastic workout to take on these problem zones. The Jillian Michaels Killer Abs workout consists of three levels of difficulty that must be performed within ten days each. The first level may seem very easy but already on the second and third the load goes up quickly. So during this whole month you’ll strengthen your abs and tighten the obliques. Jillian recommends doing this workout at least six times a week leaving you one day for rest.
The workouts last around 30 minutes and are structured into 4 different segments where each segment consists of five exercises. The small segments are around 6-7 minutes long and main focus lies on circuit training, which Jillian loves the most 🙂 . Most of the exercises from Jillian Michaels Killer Abs will be challenging your strength and are designed to build muscles quickly but there are also cardio exercises for raising the pulse burning fat. Because of these cardio-elements and frequent changes of exercises the training takes place at a faster pace.
Which sports equipment do I need for Jillian Michaels Killer Abs?
Quite easy: Depending on your physical fitness you will only need a pair of dumbbells, weighing from 2 to 8lb (1 to 4 kg). We recommend you to start with 3lb (1.5 kg) beause this is the optimal weight for girls of average physical fitness.
If you want to simultaneously train your legs you can include Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs in your training plan for a full body workout throughout the week.
Pros and Cons of Killer Abs Workout
1. The workout is mainly aimed at training your abs to effectively tackle this particular problem zone
2. Jillian Michaels Killer Abs consists of three levels with progressive difficulty. As your physical fitness develops the intensity of your training will also increase
3. Jillian has included some new exercises and variations in this DVD that may also surprise experienced followers
4. While the first level is rather mediocre in terms of load, the second and third one will definitely make you sweat
5. The effectiveness of local weight loss has long been questioned. So Jillian Michaels offers you a full body training in this DVD. You may train your legs and arms but greater emphasis is placed on the abdomen
6. Training is held at a fast pace which helps in addition to strengthening muscles and burn fat on the stomach
1. Jillian Michaels Killer Abs offers short exercises that change very often. This may be too fast for some people who would like to concentrate more on some specific problem areas
- You will train the whole body but perhaps you will not have a concentrated load on the abdominal muscles.
Which Jillian Michaels workout is better: Killer Abs or 6 Week Six Pack?
Both exercises have one goal – to work out your belly and waist. However there are some diferences. It is said that Jillian decided to create Killer Abs after critical reviews of her first program “6 Week Six Pack“. The program of 6 Week Six Pack involves exercises on the press combined with a high heart rate. So the training includes a serious aerobic load while being held at a very intense pace. This is understandable if you consider that fat on your stomach can’t be trained away with simple twists without cardio training.
Killer Abs focuses on a calmer pace but still at a moderate fat burning rate. Jillian included many exercises for the whole body which involve not only the abdominal muscles but also the muscles of the whole body. At some point you might even think that you train your legs and hands harder. But still most of the exercises involve the middle part of the body.
In addition “6 Week Six Pack ” and “Killer Abs” have a different structure of training. As mentioned above Killer Abs is divided into 4 segments, where five different exercises are performed in two circles. And in “6 Week Six Pack ” Jillian Michaels divided the entire program into two parts: in the second half the exercises from the first part are repeated. And many simply do not have enough strength to perform a qualitative second round of training.
Therefore, it is better to choose according to your individual preferences. You can even try to alternate between these two courses. Firstly, you will not have time to get bored of either one or another training. And secondly, different programs will help you train even more muscles of your body.